Making Connections: Engaging Students in Language, Literacy, and Global Issues, Student WorkbookFacing the Future
Sharpen students' comprehension and communication skills while they engage with global and environmental issues. Designed for intermediate-level English language learners, Making Connections is aligned with education standards and includes nine chapters that have been reviewed and tested by content experts, teachers, and students. Students will:
- Strengthen reading comprehension
- Practice written expression through a variety of styles: poetry, short fiction, persuasive essay, and more.
- Hone listening and speaking skills through dialogue exercises
- Continuously develop vocabulary
- Think critically about environmental issues, quality of life, peace and conflict, and sustainable solutions
Subjects: ELL and Literacy, Science, Social Studies
Grades: 6-12, Suitable for Intermediate ESL/ELL
Type: Student Workbook
Don't forget your Teacher Guide
Help us make this a better classroom resource by signing up for a free copy of the Teacher Guide and completing our survey.